Inspiration Is Higher Intelligence

Have you ever noticed that when we are inspired with innovative and ground breaking ideas (be it in the arts or science) it comes from a place beyond our normal and rational thinking mind? We all tap into the space of not thinking, but most people are probably not aware of it.

When we are above the realm of average mind chatter, we are open to the higher intelligence that is always there. We often see how many different people reach into this same place of higher intelligence and infinite possibilities and come out with similar insights and revelations.

Creative people often slip into the perspective of the Observer. Some are conscious of this perspective, some are not. But it is the same perspective regardless. Many times I come across songs, writings, television shows, and other media that have the message of the Observer dominating them. There is no way for me to say the creators or producers were trying to put this specific message out or that they have been influenced by the same teachings as myself; but never-the-less, the message is very clear.

Just one of many hundreds of examples I've come across. This is a poem by Langston Hughes.


Still Here

been scared and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me,
Sun has baked me,

Looks like between 'em they done
Tried to make me

Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'--
But I don't care!
I'm still here!

~Langston Hughes

6 comments:

Ta-Wan said...

True, and I can't think of a useful thought that came about by trying. All the best, all the best things, just come about by non-interaction on our part.

C. Om said...

Yes, there is a such a thing as trying too hard. We do have to interact on some level though or we wouldn't be able to direct the creativity of inspiration. I guess it is that balance that spawns greatness in people.

Anonymous said...

Consider Albert Einstein. He shared inspirations that surfaced during his dreams and the evolution of natural awareness. He reminds human beings that, "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

C. Om said...

Indeed! I have often given Einstein as an example of greatness due to being in touch with inspiration. Thank you Liara, for the quote.

Mark said...

Rather than saying inspiration is higher intelligence I would say that it is deeper intelligence. Inspiration comes from "in - spirit". When we are in-spirit we are at a deeper level of our authentic self which by our nature is more creative!

C. Om said...

Mark, I agree. I guess words can get in the way sometimes, but the feeling is the same.

It may even be said the deeper we get, the higher we get. :-)