Who Gave You the Right?

George Carlin was a very funny comedian. What I enjoyed even more than the laughs, was his broad perspective which always dared to question the story society tells us to believe. As in a few previous posts written here on this blog, he challenged people to use their own senses of observation as opposed to being a sheep being led around by old and dysfunctional ideas.

Some of his conclusions might seem kind of harsh to some, but the exercise in objective thinking is excellent.

Check the clip to see some great examples of this.



Related posts:

9 comments:

Gail said...

Hi

Great video, I SO love George Carlin - he is funny and right on. Thanks for posting this.

Gail
peace.....

Liara Covert said...

Rights do not exist. You already understand. The mind is a clear mirror until things come and go to create hinderances. If you have a mind, it pays to clean it. It also serves you to discard the mirror.

Rachel C Miller said...

Thank you for your visit. I will have to stop back and ready more of your blog.

Unknown said...

I thought I knew all Carlin's rants but this one was new for me.
Thank you for sharing!

Mark said...

George Carlin was a brilliant man! Love the way his brain worked!

Rachel C Miller said...

They say their is some truth in humor, but as we know anything and everything is left to interpretation.

Jackie D. Rockwell said...

Too funny! So true! When I die, I wanna go where HE is! I think.

molly said...

Sounds like my meditation practice--

Observe Reality as it is, not as you would like it to be.

Thanks for sharing this.

Keep up the good work!

C. Om said...

*Gail
My pleasure Gail. Thank you.

*Liara
Great insight as always. Thank you.

*Rachael
Indeed, everything is open to interpretation. And like all other senses, our sense of humor varies with our perspective. Thanks for checking it out.

*Jackie
LOL. "I think he's looking down on you, and he's smiling." :-)

*molly
Thank you Molly. I practice this myself.