But like most things with great depth, life is a paradox. Not only is it a science, but it is an art. Perhaps this is the reason why science may never fully explain everything. The more answers we find, the more questions will be revealed. Thus the intuitive and artistic perspective of life holds just as much value; if not more.
In quantum mechanics, a quantum observer is recognized to collapse a wave function of possibilities into a specific reality. When the ancient sages of Hinduism, Buddhism, Gnostic Christianity, Jewish Kabbalahists, Muslim Ismalis, and other less spoken of spiritual teachings spoke of a true Self or objective Observer they spoke of the same occurrence; only with out the benefit of experiments to back up their wealth of knowledge. They had the art of knowing as opposed to the science of it. Both ways of looking at life yield the same results. The following are a few artistic illustrations of the point of being the observer.
- You are the author of your own story.
- You are the sculptor of your own image.
- You are the illustrator of your own big picture.
- You are the writer, director, and star of your own movie.
- You are the singer of your own song.
- You are the star dancer in this "life is a stage" performance.