C.R.E.A.M.

C.R.E.A.M. or simply cream, is an acronym/older slang term meaning 'money'. The acronym stands for "cash rules everything around me," made famous by the Wu Tang Clan in the early 90's. If you are into hip-hop music, this is common knowledge.

I give it mention because, not only was it a popular term, but it was, and still is, a very common way of looking at the power structure of our society. To illustrate, we have the even older and possibly more well know sayings:
  • "He who has the gold makes the rules."
  • "Money talks. Bullshit walks."
  • "Money makes the world go round."
  • "Cash is king."
This used to be my philosophy and still is for a large majority of people. What do I see differently now? I understand what money really is. I can see that it is only a material indication of the number of choices you have at a given moment. It may allow you to be in nice surroundings, but it does not determine your quality of life!

I began to see that it is the perspective that you are viewing life from that actually determines your quality of life. Money can't buy it! Being aware of my own state of mind held the key to really controlling everything around me. This is even proven scientifically through quantum physics. The observer plays the dominant role in creating reality and interpreting experience.

Realizing that money does not have power over my circumstances was a new feeling of freedom experienced. The world was mine in a whole new way. True wealth did not stem from material, but from with in me! Consequently material wealth will be remarkably easier to attract.

I still like the old term 'C.R.E.A.M.' I just made a little adjustment.

Consciousness rules everything around me.


Related posts:
What Is Money? Really
Quality of Life
Money Can't Buy It
The Best Things In Life Are Free
"Make" Money

4 comments:

Gail said...

HI C OM
Ya, money - hmmmmmmmmmm. We don't attach a lot of meaning to how much or how little - only so far as what we need to live - and by that I mean keep our simple humble home - have food - health care and means of transportation. And all of those 'things' money can buy are part of how we give - we share our home, our food and wine and our transportation too. And we need to stay healthy so we can continue to 'serve'.

Love to you
Gail
peace.....

The Rambling Taoist said...

I will agree to your proposition on an individual-by-individual basis. That said, money (wealth) rules society as a whole. Those with financial wealth get to call the shots because they have the most influence which equates to power. Those in power control public discourse which tells those not in power that it's their own damn fault and, because they are told this over and over again, most of them believe it.

Rizal Affif said...

I will defend myself. I still feel that money rules a lot of things in my life. I still want money...

... but much lesser than I used to :D

I realize that money, as well as wealth, is simply illusion. I cannot have anything, I cannot lose anything, because after all, I AM everything :D

The trials and tribulations of QPR said...

"I beat the eggs and I whip the cream, but the onion always makes me cry."

Excuse the pun C. Om!

Another very good post, and one I can only agree with as we both see things as they are! consciousness does indeed rule everything around me :-)