There has been much debate over if absolute truth even exists. Many people like to say that all truth is relative. Funny enough, a person making this argument is doing so with the belief that their argument is an absolute truth. In other words, to argue that no absolute truth exists is a contradiction because the argument is postulating an absolute truth.
Here are 7 absolute truths. You may try to argue against them if you can, but you will never be able to prove your argument.
- Nothing lasts forever.
- Things have just as much chance of remaining the same, from moment to moment, as they have chance to change.
- No matter where you go, there you are.
- Our everyday reality is an illusion.
- Everything around you that is man made was a thought in someone's mind before it physically existed.
- Now is the time. There is no time except the present moment.
- Suffering is a state of mind.
These absolute truths may seem very simple. They may be even way too obvious to some people to even mention. On the other hand, there are many other people who may have never given much thought or attention to some of theses concepts.
Each absolute can be expanded upon tremendously. The one or two statements of each have a vast amount of depth to each and they all directly affect the way we see our reality. I will be exploring each one in greater depth in future posts.
For more on theses truths and a lot more, read What Is Really Good? and stay tuned!